Women 'N' Blues
WOMEN ’N’ BLUES PROGRAM - WEEK 1
** WOMEN 'N' BLUES PROGRAM IS BACK IN FEBRUARY 2023! **
The Women 'N' Blues Program is Co-Ordinated and Mentored by multi award-winning, esteemed local Blues artists ANDREA MARR.
Women ‘N’ Blues celebrates an important historical, longstanding connection with WOMEN AND BLUES!
Instrumentalists and vocalists all welcome.
The Women 'N' Blues Program is an inclusive, safe, supportive, social learning environment for women of all ages, stages and musical abilities, who have an interest in performing Blues music.
Held over 4 SUNDAY ARVO sessions in 2023:
5th, 12th, 19th and 26th FEBRUARY
Time: 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Place: SCHOOL OF LIVING MUSIC
53 Little Baillie Street, North Melbourne 3051
A separate showcase concert for Program graduates will also take place – date and venue TBA.
Cost: $60 for 4 sessions – places strictly limited to 20 participants only, so register your interest now.
Previous years' Program participants are welcome to re-register and continue the learning.
To get the most out of this Program and to maintain continuity for all, participants are expected to attend all 4 sessions.
The aim of the programme is to:
• improve skills at playing, singing and performing Blues music
• build confidence in stagecraft
• enhance the ability to work in musical teams
– all to be developed and delivered around a structured set list.
The programme will cover such topics and activities such as:
• the basic beats and grooves of the Blues
• the lyrical poetry of the Blues
• a short history of the Blues
• Blues music performance skills
• vocal warmups (good for all instrumentalists as well).
**NOTE: PLEASE ENSURE YOUR AVAILABILITY TO ATTEND ALL 4 SESSIONS BEFORE REGISTERING.
|Event Start||05/02/2023 1:00 pm|
|Event End||26/02/2023 4:00 pm|
|Bookings Cut Off||31/01/2023|
|Ticket Price||$60 (4 sessions)|
|Venue||SCHOOL OF LIVING MUSIC|