Youth In Blues Program
Youth in Blues is a FREE program initiative of the MBAS, and held annually since 2005, to encourage the next generation of Blues musicians. The Youth in Blues Program aims to help budding young Blues musicians and vocalists gain confidence and experience with the guidance and mentorship of established Blues musicians and music industry professionals.
The MBAS Youth in Blues Program offers young people a place to develop their musical talent and build their performance confidence in a fun, encouraging, supportive learning environment with like-minded Blues music supporters.
Youth in Blues aims to help budding young Blues musicians and vocalists gain confidence, knowledge and experience with the guidance and mentorship of established Blues musicians and music industry professionals.
The 2022 Youth in Blues Program's award-winning music industry/professional musician is DAN DINNEN (facilitator/supervisor) with guest Blues mentors.
Beginners to advanced players all benefit from the YIB Program. Participants from previous years are also welcome and encouraged to re-enrol and continue their experience and learning.
Then join the Youth in Blues Program!
The Youth in Blues Program is an initiative of the Melbourne Blues Appreciation Society (MBAS) and running since 2005.
The 2022 MBAS Youth In Blues Program starts in August!
4 x WEEKLY 3-hour SATURDAY afternoon sessions 2:00pm – 5:00pm
AUGUST: Sat 20th & Sat 27th
SEPTEMBER: Sat 3rd, Sat 10th PLUS: Showcase Performance Finale (date & venue TBA)
Venue: LIVING MUSIC SCHOOL, 53 Little Baillie Street, North Melbourne 3051
Due to the structure of the YIB program it is a requirement of participation to attend ALL sessions.
• Drum kit, electric keyboard, microphones and bass amplifiers are all supplied. Participants are only required to bring their own personal instruments and guitarists to bring their own guitar amp.
• Light snacks are provided for participants.
• The YIB Program is FREE, but participants must register their attendance.
• Registrations for 2022 have now opened: DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION FORM
• Deadline for registration: Friday 5th August 2022